Summer Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Fill a large pot with water. Add 3 teaspoons salt, juice of 1 lime and the reserved liquid from the mandarin oranges. Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and poach for 5-8 minutes at a low simmer until the shrimp is cooked through. Drain the liquid, refrigerate the shrimp.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, vinegar, cumin, pepper, ginger, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the jalapeño, red onion, cilantro and mandarin oranges.
- Peel the shrimp, cut in half and add to the vinaigrette.
- Dice the avocados and add to the shrimp mixture. Serve atop plated spring mix or in individual cups with crackers. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro or a whole shrimp on top.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen