Italian Sausage and Spinach Soup with Tortellini
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold running water. Set aside.
- Gently apply pressure to remove Italian sausage from casing.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sausage. Cook until sausage is brown and no pink remains.
- Drain fat from pan. Add onion, celery, and carrot and sauté 3-5 minutes. Add Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste, sauté 10 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and gently scrape bottom of pan. Add chicken broth and reduce heat to simmer. Add bay leaves and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add spinach, parsley, and tortellini, cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen