One Pot Zoodle Soup
- In a large pot, over medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes then add spices. Cook for an additional 7 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add crushed and diced tomatoes, stir until combined. Stir in chicken broth, green beans, kidney beans and garbanzo beans. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer.
- Remove rind from cheese wedge and add to soup along with bay leaves. Simmer for 15 minutes. Shred remaining parmesan cheese to use as garnish, or save for a later date.
- Using a spiralizer, create “noodles” from the zucchini. Gently chop and add to soup pot.
- Add lemon juice, basil, parsley and garlic salt.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with shredded cheese.
TIP: Too much soup? Freeze half for a quick weeknight meal. The zoodles freeze well and don’t absorb moisture from the soup, making reheating a breeze.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen