Sweet Potato or Butternut Squash Broth Ramen
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Sauté the ginger, onion, jalapeño and sweet potato or butternut squash for 3 minutes.
- Add 2½ cups water, ramen noodle seasoning packet, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the sweet potato or squash is tender. Remove from heat and allow the broth to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, puree the broth until smooth.
- In the same saucepan, bring the broth back to a boil. Add the lime juice and shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through. Cool and reserve.
- In a small saucepan, bring remaining water and salt to a boil, add the ramen noodles and simmer for 2 minutes. Strain, rinse with cold water and toss with remaining 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- To assemble the Mason jars, divide the ingredients evenly among both jars. Starting with the noodles at the bottom, add the broth and shrimp, green onions, cilantro and top with sliced jalapeños. To reheat, microwave for 2-3 minutes until hot.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen