Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Ramen
A vegetarian twist on a classic Japanese comfort food.
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- For the broth: Place onion cut side down over open flame of stove, cook until thoroughly blackened.
- In a large pot, place burnt onion, green onion, ginger, carrots, celery and garlic. Cover with vegetable broth and soy sauce. Simmer for 2 hours.
- Strain broth into a clean pot, keep warm until needed.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, place face down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Use fork to scrape out insides and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, place 1 cup of squash and top with 1 1/2 cups broth. Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen