Baked French Toast with Orange
A light citrus flavor envelopes this casserole and the granola adds a great crunch! Make the day before and refrigerate overnight. Serve with sausage patties and top with syrup.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Layer the pan with slices of toasted bread.
- Whisk together eggs, creamer, orange juice, sugars, spices, vanilla, orange zest and juice.
- Pour mixture over bread, making sure it covers all pieces. Press down gently, if needed.
- Mix butter and granola together, then spread over top.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Let bake come to room temperature, remove plastic cover and bake for 60 minutes, covered in foil.
- Remove foil and bake for 15-30 minutes until casserole bounces back when touched and a toothpick comes out clean. Top should be golden brown.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen