Banana Bread French Toast with Chocolate Butter and Pecan Syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare banana bread according to package instructions using ¾ cup water, oil and 2 eggs. Bake and cool completely. Slice loaf into 12 pieces.
- To make chocolate butter: Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals until fully melted and combined. Let cool.
- To make syrup: In a medium saucepan, dissolve sugar and 1/2 cup water on medium heat until bubbly and clear. Toast pecans on a baking sheet in 375° oven for 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and pecans to syrup mixture.
- To make French toast: Whisk together 2 eggs, milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Dip cooled slices of bread into egg mixture. Coat a medium sauté pan with cooking spray; cook each piece of bread over medium heat until golden brown on each side.
- Assemble by placing three slices of French toast on a plate. Top the French toast with a scoop (or two) of chocolate butter and a drizzle of pecan syrup.
Tip: Fun for kids! Include little helpers when topping with chocolate butter and warm (not hot!) syrup and of course, to help serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
14 ounces Baker's Corner Banana Quick Bread Mix
1 ¼ cup water, divided
3 tablespoons Carlini Vegetable Oil
4 Goldhen Large Eggs, divided
4 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
¼ cup Baker's Corner Real Semi Sweet Morsels
2 cups Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
½ cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla, divided
¼ cup Friendly Farms 2% Milk
Carlini Cooking Spray
1 hour, 20 minutes