Black Bean Spiced Burgers
Zesty, flavorful, vegetarian burgers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Sauté the zucchini, onion, and carrot until vegetables are translucent and soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place vegetable mixture and remaining burger ingredients in a food processor. Process until thoroughly mixed.
- Portion into 8 patties of black bean mixture and refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
- Grill patties 2 minutes and rotate 90 degrees to create a crosshatch pattern. Cook for 2 minutes, flip over and repeat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and Greek yogurt. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble, spread 1 slice of wheat toast with 1 tablespoon of yogurt sauce. Layer with 3 slices avocado, 2 slices tomato, 1 slice onion, 1 piece of lettuce, 1 burger patty and top with 1 slice of wheat toast.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
1 teaspoon Carlini Vegetable Oil
½ cup diced zucchini
½ cup diced yellow onion
½ cup peeled and diced carrot
2 tablespoons Burman's Ketchup
2 tablespoons Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbecue Sauce
2 cups Millville Quick Oats
2 tablespoons Sweet Harvest Original Applesauce
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Garlic Powder
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Onion Powder
¾ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
¾ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Paprika
¾ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Chili Powder
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, plus additional to taste
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, plus additional to taste
3 15.5-ounce cans Dakota's Pride Black Beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 lime, zested and juiced
½ cup Friendly Farms Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
16 slices L'oven Fresh 100% Whole Wheat Wide Pan Bread, toasted
1 avocado, sliced
1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
¼ romaine heart
10 minutes (plus 10 minutes to chill)
30 minutes (plus 10 minutes to chill)