Chips soaked in salsa topped with egg, a classic Hispanic breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Coat an 8 x 8-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Combine 1 cup Mexican cheese and the tortilla chips in the casserole dish.
- In a blender, puree the salsa and water. Pour the mixture over the tortilla chips, let stand for 5 minutes. Top with remaining ¼ cup Mexican cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Using the back of a spoon, make 5 divots in the crust. Crack an egg into each divot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until egg whites are cooked, but the yolk is runny.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and milk.
- Remove chilaquiles from oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle with sour cream mixture and sprinkle with onions, cilantro and fresco cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
1 ¼ cups Happy Farms Shredded Mexican Cheese, divided
7 ounces Clancy's Multigrain Tortilla Chips
24 ounces Casa Mamita Medium Salsa
1 cup water
5 Goldhen Large Eggs
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
½ cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
2 tablespoons Friendly Farms 2% Milk
½ red onion, diced
¼ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup crumbled Benita Fresco Cheese (optional)