Fresh Summer Spinach Salad
Fresh and cool spinach and strawberry salad dressed with creamy yogurt dressing.
- Rinse spinach by using a salad spinner (or a basic colander). Set aside until ready to assemble salad.
- Rinse strawberries, remove the stem and cut them into quarters.
- Using a mandoline slicer (or a sharp knife), cut the red onion in half then thinly slice the red onion, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and sauté garlic in pan for 1 minute over medium-high heat. Add the waffle chunks and sauté until crispy. Once they crisp, remove them from the pan and set aside on a paper towel to cool.
- To make dressing, in a medium bowl combine the raspberry yogurt, white vinegar and a pinch of salt. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Assemble salad by creating a bed of spinach, topped with strawberries, red onion, feta crumbles and waffle croutons. Drizzle with yogurt dressing using a spoon, to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen