A tradition made easy with the freshest selection of seasonal vegetables.
- In one large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté onions, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and reduce heat to low.
- In another large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté zucchini until brown.
- Add browned zucchini to skillet with onions and garlic, toss.
- In the now empty skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté yellow squash until brown.
- Add browned yellow squash to pan with onions, garlic and zucchini.
- Repeat process with all remaining vegetables, except tomatoes.
- When all vegetables are done and in the same skillet increase heat to high.
- Add spices and tomato juice and stir. Bring to slight boil.
- Cook uncovered on low for 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
6 tablespoons Carlini Pure Olive Oil
1 pound yellow onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 pound zucchini, chopped
1 pound yellow squash, chopped
1 pound green peppers, chopped
1/2 pound red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 pound yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 whole bay leaf
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Red Pepper Flakes
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Dried Basil
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt & Ground Black Pepper, to taste
3/4 cup Nature's Nectar Tomato Juice
1 pound ripe tomatoes, seeded, skinned &chopped