Buffalo Blue Cheese Mac
Creamy blue cheese mac with the combination of Buffalo sauce creates a luscious bite.
- To cook the macaroni, follow the packaging directions. Salt the water with 1 tablespoon of salt while simmering the pasta.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk to a simmer.
- While the milk is heating, in a medium stainless steel saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour, stirring constantly with a whisk for 2 minutes to make a roux.
- Slowly add the scalded milk to the roux, while still stirring, until it becomes smooth like a sauce.
- Heat the sauce mix for 5 minutes to cook out the flour flavor, and then add blue cheese crumbles, chili powder, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Mix the pasta with the blue cheese sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen