Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a food processor, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and frozen diced butter. Pulse until combined and the size of small peas. Add milk and process until dough holds together.
- Prepare a surface with remaining flour. Pat dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut out 1 1/2-inch circles. Place biscuits on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Prepare cheese butter spread: Mix 1/4 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons butter. Slice biscuits in half; spread cheese mixture on biscuits.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baker's Corner Baking Soda
1/8 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1/2 cup Happy Farms Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 stick Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, diced and frozen
3/4 cup Friendly Farms 2% Milk
Cheese Butter Spread:
1/4 cup Happy Farms Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, room temperature