Cheese Soda Bread
A traditional favorite made even better with the addition of Irish cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a round cake pan or baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss together dry ingredients and shredded cheese until well combined.
- Add yogurt and stir to combine. Add milk and stir to form a crumbly dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 1 minute. Shape dough into an 8" diameter round loaf and place on prepared pan. Use a sharp knife to cut a cross on the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped on its side. Let cool before slicing into 8 wedges. Serve with butter.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen