Irish Cheese Soda Bread
A traditional favorite made even better with the addition of Irish cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a round cake pan or baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss together dry ingredients and shredded cheese until well combined.
- Add yogurt and stir to combine. Add milk and stir to form a crumbly dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 1 minute. Shape dough into an 8" diameter round loaf and place on prepared pan. Use a sharp knife to cut a cross on the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped on its side. Let cool before slicing into 8 wedges. Serve with butter.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
2 cups Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Baker's Corner Baking Powder*
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
¼ teaspoon Baker's Corner Baking Soda
3 ounces Kerrygold Dubliner Irish Cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)*
¾ cup Fit & Active Plain Nonfat Yogurt
¼ cup Friendly Farms 2% Milk
*These are Special Buy or Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.