Roasted Pepper Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
- For the cornbread: Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread ingredients. Stir until combined. Pour into baking pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove cornbread from pan, cut into 1-inch cubes. Allow to sit out overnight, unwrapped, to dry out.
- For the stuffing: Preheat oven to broil.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet. Broil on each side for 8 to 10 minutes until the skin is charred. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Remove the skin with a paper towel. Remove the stems and seeds, discard. Dice the peppers.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare a 13x9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chorizo until the oil begins to release, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onions and sage, cook until tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cumin, paprika, cilantro, green onions, butter and broth. Stir until combined. Add the cornbread, gently toss until moist. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place into the prepared casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
TIP: For a mild stuffing, use the poblano peppers. For a spicy stuffing, use the jalapeños. Cornbread may be prepared up to three days in advance.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen