Broiled Fresh Fruit
Instead of traditional fruit salad, try this versatile dish.
- Preheat broiler on high setting. Coat a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place fruit pieces in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and lime zest.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the fruit pieces; do not stir. Place 6 inches under the broiler and cook until sugar becomes caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm fruit immediately as is, over ice cream or alongside a piece of grilled chicken.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen