Carrot Apple Tart with Minted Pea Puree
Sweet and savory side dish made simple.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large skillet, sauté apples, carrots, onion, butter, ¼ cup sugar, cinnamon and lemon zest until softened, about 5 minutes. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, roll out pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, prick with a fork and crimp the edges. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Pour contents of skillet into prebaked pie crust and dust with remaining sugar. Return to oven for 15-20 minutes, or until carrots begin to soften and apples brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add chicken broth and peas. Bring to boil, then simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a blender, puree pea mixture and mint leaves until desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return to saucepan to keep warm.
- To plate, spread 2 tablespoons of puree on a plate with a warm slice of tart.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
4 Granny Smith apples, sliced
4 large carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
½ cup Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar, divided
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1 lemon, zested
7.5 ounces Bake House creations Refrigerated Pie Crusts, room temperature
¼ cup Chef's Cupboard Chicken Broth
½ cup Season's Choice Frozen Sweet Peas
1 bunch of mint
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste