Warm Apple Compote
A comforting side dish for fall evenings. Wonderful alongside chicken, pork or turkey.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add apples and cook over medium heat to soften, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add cranberries, brown sugar and water.
- Stir gently to combine and cook until all ingredients are soft, heated through and the liquid thickens.
- Add cinnamon, walnuts, salt and lemon juice.
- Toss to combine. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
3 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
4 cups apples, thinly sliced (assorted varieties)
1 cup Southern Grove Dried Cranberries
2 tablespoons Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1/4 cup Southern Grove Walnuts, toasted & chopped
Pinch of Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice