Roasted potatoes with smoky spices.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, 2/3 cup water, lemon juice, ketchup, paprika, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes and diced red pepper with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Roast in a shallow baking pan for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- In a blender, puree the tomato sauce.
- Add the sauce to the potatoes. Return to the oven for 20 minutes to warm through.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen