Pumpkin Sage Soup
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine onion, carrots, celery, garlic, apples, potatoes, sage and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add olive oil, 2 teaspoons black pepper and 2 teaspoons salt and mix thoroughly. Place in a roasting pan and roast in oven for 30 minutes until fork tender. Halfway through the cooking process, stir vegetables to ensure even cooking.
- In a large pot, combine roasted vegetable mixture, pumpkin, vegetable stock,
1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture, in batches, to blender and process until smooth.
- Return soup to pot. Add cream, adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Place slices of baguette on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, top each slice with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Divide soup into bowls, place two slices of baguette onto each bowl of soup and garnish with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen
3 medium onions, peeled and diced
3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
3 ribs of celery, halved and sliced
4 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
3 large Idaho russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
1/2 cup Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, divided
3 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
4 15-ounce cans Baker's Corner 100% Pure Canned Pumpkin*
2 32-ounce cartons Chef's Cupboard Vegetable Stock*
16 ounces Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
1 L'oven Fresh French Baguette, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices on an angle*
7 ounces Specially Selected Gouda, shredded*
2 tablespoons Italian Flatleaf Parsley, as garnish
*These are Special Buy or Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
1 hour, 10 minutes