Pumpkin Sage Soup
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine onion, carrots, celery, garlic, apples, potatoes, sage and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add olive oil, 2 teaspoons black pepper and 2 teaspoons salt and mix thoroughly. Place in a roasting pan and roast in oven for 30 minutes until fork tender. Halfway through the cooking process, stir vegetables to ensure even cooking.
- In a large pot, combine roasted vegetable mixture, pumpkin, vegetable stock,
1 teaspoon black pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture, in batches, to blender and process until smooth.
- Return soup to pot. Add cream, adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Place slices of baguette on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, top each slice with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Divide soup into bowls, place two slices of baguette onto each bowl of soup and garnish with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen