- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions, carrots and bell peppers.
- On low heat, sweat the vegetables for 10 minutes until they are tender.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, parsley, cumin, thyme, basil and Italian seasoning. Heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add the water and simmer for half an hour.
- Blend the broth in a blender until it is pureed. CAREFUL, IT IS HOT. Return to saucepan and add half and half. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
3 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 medium Vidalia onions, diced
3/4 cup baby carrots, diced
1/2 cup medium bell pepper, diced
14 vine-ripe Roma tomatoes, cut into eighths
3 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Parsley Flakes
1/8 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1/8 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Basil
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
3 cups water
1 cup Friendly Farms Half & Half
1 1/4 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper