- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions, carrots and bell peppers.
- On low heat, sweat the vegetables for 10 minutes until they are tender.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, parsley, cumin, thyme, basil and Italian seasoning. Heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add the water and simmer for half an hour.
- Blend the broth in a blender until it is pureed. CAREFUL, IT IS HOT. Return to saucepan and add half and half. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen