Balsamic Bacon Braised Kale
A modern twist on a Southern classic.
1. Over high heat, sauté the bacon in the Crofton Cast Iron 5 Qt. Braiser for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add onions and garlic, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
3. Working in batches, add one handful of kale and allow each batch to wilt before adding the next.
4. Add stock, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium, cover with lid and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until kale is tender.
5. Remove from heat and add balsamic vinegar. Add additional salt to taste if necessary.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen