Healthy Stuffed Peppers
Veggie and cheese stuffed peppers in a spicy primavera sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Add cauliflower and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place cooked cauliflower in a food processor; add cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add crushed red pepper, zucchini, squash and mushrooms, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add sauce and heat through, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Stuff mini peppers with cauliflower mixture, place in pan. Top with remaining sauce and bake for 20 minutes, until filling is hot.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen
Inspired by Amanda Hendryx, Saxonburg Store #84, Shift Manager