Onion Rings and Dipping Sauce Sampler
- For the mayo lime sauce: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, zest and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- For the spicy ketchup sauce: In a small bowl, combine ketchup, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and minced onion. Cover and refrigerate.
- For the honey mustard sauce: In a small bowl, combine mustard, brown sugar, orange juice, honey and chili powder. Cover and refrigerate.
- For the onion rings: In a medium pan, heat oil to 400°.
- Combine flour, egg and beer until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge onion slices in beer batter. Place into hot oil and cook until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate, season with salt to taste.
- Serve hot with dipping trio and enjoy.
TIP: Make dipping sauces a day ahead to allow the flavors to marry. If the ketchup sauce is too thick, use a little water to thin it out.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen