24 mini quiches
Bacon, Spinach and Tomato Mini Quiches
Need a simple yet scrumptious breakfast snack to start your day healthy and hassle-free? The ALDI Test Kitchen has you covered. How about a 30-minute recipe for Bacon, Spinach and Tomato Mini Quiches that are perfect to make for that morning or a head of time for the week ahead. These savory mini quiches are packed with delicious ingredients and baked to golden perfection in a flaky pie crust. Let's dive into the details of this delightful recipe!
To start, preheat your oven to 400° and lightly coat two 12-cup muffin pans with cooking spray for easy release. Then, bring the pie crusts to room temperature and cut out 24 3-inch rounds, which will serve as the base for your mini quiches.
Next, carefully place the pie crust rounds into the muffin cups, and using a fork, prick each crust to prevent air bubbles during baking. Pop them in the oven for a quick 5-minute pre-bake to ensure a crisp crust.
While the crusts are baking, let's prepare the delicious filling. In a medium sauté pan, heat up 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the chopped flat leaf spinach in batches and sauté until wilted, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, lightly beat 4 large eggs. Then, add the sautéed spinach, bacon bits, half & half and shredded colby jack cheese to the eggs. Stir until well blended, and season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper for a burst of flavor.
Once the crusts have pre-baked, it's time to assemble the mini quiches. Spoon 1½ tablespoons of the egg mixture into each baked pastry shell, and top with the quartered cherry tomatoes for a burst of color and tangy sweetness. Now, carefully transfer the muffin pans into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the crusts are golden and the filling is set.
The smell of the bacon and cheese mingling with the fresh spinach and juicy tomatoes will get the stomach growling as these mini quiches bake to perfection. If needed, you can cover them with foil to prevent overbrowning.
Once baked, carefully remove the mini quiches from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. These delectable bites are perfect to enjoy warm, with their creamy and savory filling nestled in a buttery crust.
Bacon, Spinach and Tomato Mini Quiches are a delightful and flavorful dish that is sure to impress. With their easy-to-follow directions and simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these mini quiches in no time. Whether it's a weekend brunch with friends or a quick breakfast on the go, these mini quiches will be a hit at any gathering. So, roll up your sleeves, grab your ingredients and get ready to savor the scrumptiousness of these Bacon, Spinach and Tomato Mini Quiches!
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat two 12-cup muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Bring pie crust to room temperature and cut out 24 3-inch rounds. Place pie crust rounds into muffin cups.
- Prick each pie crust with a fork and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Sauté the spinach in batches until wilted, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the spinach, bacon bits, half & half and cheese to the eggs. Stir until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1½ tablespoons of the egg mixture into each baked pastry shell. Top with the cherry tomatoes and bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. If necessary, cover with foil to prevent overbrowning.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen