Cocoa Mocha Oatmeal Cookies
Get ready for a delightful treat with our Cocoa Mocha Oatmeal Cookies, a heavenly blend of chocolate, coffee and wholesome ingredients that will make this your favorite cookie recipe.
Imagine the aroma wafting through your kitchen as you bake these heavenly treats. These cookies are designed to bring joy and warmth to your home, creating moments of sweetness and comfort.
The rich, nutty flavor of Old-Fashioned Oats sets the foundation, providing a hearty and wholesome texture. Paired with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, these cookies offer a delightful burst of chocolate in every bite. The addition of chopped Granny Smith apples brings a hint of tartness, balancing the sweetness and adding a refreshing twist.
The secret ingredient in the cookies are the dates, which are processed to a fine consistency, contributing a natural sweetness and a chewy texture, making each cookie a delightful journey for your taste buds.
In just a few simple steps, you're going to create a batch of Cocoa Mocha Oatmeal Cookies that isn't just a dessert; it's a moment of joy and indulgence. So, preheat that oven, gather your ingredients and let the aroma of these delightful cookies fill your home.
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a food processor, add 2 cups of oatmeal and process until it resembles flour. Reserve.
3. In a large bowl, combine oatmeal flour, remaining 1/2 cup of oatmeal, chocolate morsels, salt, baking powder and chopped apples.
4. In the same food processor add dates, and gradually add egg whites, butter, almondmilk and vanilla. Process until dates appear fine.
5. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a small ice cream scoop or two tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls one inch apart. Slightly flatten each ball.
7.Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool.
8. While cookies are baking, whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa, coffee and water until smooth.
9. Drizzle cookies with coffee glaze.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Tricia, ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 120 Total Fat 3g Sodium 70mg Total Carbohydrate 22g Fiber 2g Sugars 15g Protein 3g
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.