18 minutes, plus 15 minutes for chilling
Number of Servings:
No-Bake Coconut Macaroon
Introducing a delightful treat that requires no baking - the No-Bake Coconut Macaroon. This recipe offers a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious treat without the need for an oven. These macaroons are a perfect blend of flavors and textures that are sure to please your taste buds.
Start by boiling the almonds briefly to soften them. Meanwhile, in a food processor, coconut flakes and the softened almonds come together to create a fine, crumbly mixture. To this, add vanilla extract, coconut oil, salt and maple syrup, blending until the mixture is smooth.
Using a tablespoon, shape the mixture into small balls, rolling them gently between your hands. Once formed, they're set on a parchment-lined tray and chilled in the refrigerator to firm up.
For an added touch of indulgence, melt some chocolate and drizzle it over the macaroons, or even dip them for a richer chocolate experience.
These no-bake macaroons are perfect for dessert or a mid-day treat, offering a delightful experience without the oven.
1. In a medium sauce pan bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add almonds and simmer for 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Blend the coconut and almonds together in a food processor to a fine crumbly mixture.
3. Add vanilla extract, coconut oil, salt and maple syrup to the food processor. Continue blending until mixture is smooth.
4. Scoop and form the batter with a tablespoon, gently roll into a ball using the palms of your hands.
5. Arrange on a small sheet pan or plate with parchment paper and place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
6. Add chocolate to a medium size bowl and microwave in 15 second intervals until melted. Take macaroons out of the refrigerator, dip and drizzle with chocolate.
Tip: If you’d like to make these dairy free, omit the chocolate.