8 10-ounce servings or 1 full pitcher
Are you in the mood for a refreshing and sweet cocktail that's perfect for the summer? This fruity and slightly tangy SanGrita drink will delight your taste buds. Using lime fruit bars, sangria, salt, sugar and fresh berries, you can easily create this delicious beverage at home. Just follow these easy directions and you'll have a tasty drink to enjoy in no time.
To make this delightful SanGrita cocktail, start by removing the frozen lime bars from the popsicle sticks by cutting around the sticks. Next, blend the sangria and lime bars in a blender until smooth.
To add a touch of sweetness to your SanGrita, mix together salt and sugar on a plate. Wet the rim of each glass and then rub the rim of the glass into the salt and sugar mix until a crust is created.
Now it's time to pour the SanGrita mix into the salt and sugar-rimmed glass. A pro tip is to add diced strawberries and halved blueberries to garnish your drink for additional tartness and sweetness.
Voila! SanGritas are the perfect drink to cool off and is sure to be a fan favorite at your parties and social festivities.
- Remove the frozen lime bars from the popsicle sticks by cutting around the sticks.
- In a blender, blend the sangria and frozen lime bars together until smooth.
- Meanwhile, on a plate, mix together the salt and sugar.
- To salt/sugar the rim of the glass, wet the lip of each glass with a wet paper towel and then rub the lip of the glass into the salt/sugar mix until a crust is created.
- Pour the SanGrita mix into salt/sugar-rimmed glass and garnish with strawberries and blueberries to taste.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen