S’morsey Hot Chocolate
Bask in all the Autumn joy and cool weather with a perfect late-night dessert. Brew up this sweet and delectable S'morsey Hot Chocolate recipe to brighten even the darkest night. It’s quick, it's easy and it's sure to warm you up. With a few simple ingredients, you'll make this delicious drink in less than five minutes.
First, you'll need 1 cup of mini marshmallows, 1/4 cup of graham crackers, 5 ounces of milk chocolate, 4 cups of warm, sweetened vanilla almond milk, chocolate syrup and 7 ounces of milk chocolate mini bars.
To begin, start by broiling your marshmallows on a baking sheet for no more than ten seconds. You want them to be gooey but not stick to the pan, so remove them from the baking sheet immediately. Next, toast the graham crackers in a small sauté pan until they’re golden brown and set them aside. Place the mini marshmallows on toothpicks to serve in the hot chocolate later.
Next, melt the chocolate in a double boiler and add the milk in very slowly. The ingredients will meld together and there will be a sweet aroma of hot chocolate wafting through the kitchen. When the hot chocolate is ready to serve, finish by dividing up into four mugs. Don’t forget to drizzle the rims of the mugs with chocolate syrup and graham cracker crumbs, which gives each sip, a burst of chocolatey goodness.
Voila, there you have it. This S’morsey Hot Chocolate recipe is perfect for chilly late nights or cozy nights in. The warm milk and the rich chocolate create ideal drink for the cold Fall and Winter months.
- Set oven to broil.
- Place marshmallows on baking sheet. Broil for about 10 seconds, watching closely as they are easily burned. To avoid sticking, remove from baking sheet immediately.
- In a small sauté pan over medium-low heat, toast graham cracker crumbs until golden brown. Reserve.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate. Add milk slowly. Adding milk too fast will cause the chocolate to break.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup along rim of 4 mugs. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon graham cracker crumbs over each rim. Divide milk mixture among mugs.
- Pierce toasted marshmallows and chocolate squares onto 4 skewers. Place on rims. Shave remaining chocolate squares for garnish.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen