Try these Showstopper Meatballs for lunch or dinner. They’re savory, juicy and flavorful!
Turkey meatballs, stuffing and sauteed vegetables are combined in a pot roast using a French oven to allow the flavors to meld and create a tender and flavorful dish.
Begin with a blend of diced yellow onion, chopped celery, vibrant red and yellow bell peppers, earthy mushrooms and minced garlic. Sautéed to perfection, these vegetables form a robust foundation, infusing the dish with savory goodness. Aromatic additions of organic thyme, oregano, chopped sage and a hint of ground cumin elevate the overall flavor profile.
A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil sets the tone, inviting in the onion, celery, bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic and the blend of thyme, oregano, sage and cumin.
The turkey meatballs are made with a flavorful blend of herbs and spices. The result is succulent meatballs that perfectly complement the overall composition. Ground turkey is packed with protein with less fat than beef, so it even adds a healthy element to your daily diet!
Enter the raspberry puree, introducing a sweet and tangy dimension to the dish. Strained to perfection, it weaves through the sauce, adding a fruity complexity that balances the savory notes. Paired with a splash of red wine and a drizzle of wildflower honey, this trio imparts a luxurious touch, creating a sauce that is both bold and sophisticated.
Serve these Showstopper Meatballs as a side dish or appetizer at your next party and impress all your guests.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place Crofton Cast Iron 4.6 Qt. French Oven over medium heat. Add oil, onion, celery, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, oregano, sage and cumin. Sauté until vegetables are almost tender. Remove 1/2 cup of the cooked vegetables and reserve.
- Add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, butter and stuffing mix to the vegetable mixture and stir. Remove from heat and fold in basil and parsley. Cover for 5 minutes, fluff and reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of stuffing mixture with the ground turkey and mix until evenly incorporated. Add red pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Reserve the remaining stuffing mixture.
- Form medium sized meatballs, place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, over medium-high heat, add reserved 1/2 cup vegetables, remaining 1/2 cup broth, pureed raspberries, wine and honey to the French oven. Cook until sauce is thickened. Add meatballs and cook for 5-10 minutes. Serve over reserved stuffing.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Tricia, ALDI Test Kitchen