1 hour, 30 minutes
1 hour, 40 minutes
Zesty Beef Round Roast
Looking for an easy and delicious dish to serve at your next dinner party? Try this Zesty Beef Round Roast recipe that will leave your guests impressed and asking for seconds.
To start, heat your cast iron pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Next, sauté the onion and peppers, which release more flavors for the dish.
The next step is making the rub for the roast. In a small bowl, combine ground peppercorn, sea salt, onion powder, ground cumin, garlic powder and chili powder. Evenly season the roast with the rub. These mouthwatering seasonings add umami to the dish.
Time to sear the roast in a cast iron pot, sear the roast on all sides to develop a crispy and rich crust on the meat, adding more flavor and texture to the dish. Afterwards, cover, and place in oven.
Roast for 1 to 1 ½ hours or for 20 minutes per pound for a medium rare roast. Remember to baste the roast with drippings every 15 minutes to moisten and flavor the surface of the meat.
Next, remove the roast from the oven and cover it loosely with foil. Wrapping the roast in foil helps keep the fat and juices in the meat, leaving it tender. Allow for meat to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute across the roast for more tenderness.
Finishing off the dish, squeeze juice from 1 lime over the roast and add your desired garnishes, like cilantro, onions and cilantro. Lime juice adds even more tenderness to the beef.
Enjoy this Zesty Beef Round Roast recipe today, it’s not only juicy and flavorful, but highly versatile and the roast can be used for many recipes, such as tacos, beef sandwiches and more.
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a cast iron pot, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and peppers, sauté and reserve.
3. Combine all spices and rub onto roast.
4. In a cast iron pot, sear roast on all sides. Remove from heat, cover and place in oven.
5. Roast for 1-1 1/2 hours or for 20 minutes per pound for a medium rare roast. Baste roast with drippings every 15 minutes.
6. Remove roast from oven and cover loosely with foil. Allow for meat to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Squeeze juice from 1 lime over roast, garnish with lime zest, lime quarters, peppers, onions and cilantro.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Tricia, ALDI Test Kitchen