10 minutes (plus overnight to marinate)
1 hour (plus overnight to marinate)
Blackened Turkey Breast with Cranberry Mojito Relish
Enjoy this Blackened Turkey Breast with Cranberry Mojito Relish recipe, tasty and full of flavor.
Start by making the blackened marinade, which uses a flavorful blend of spices, lemon juice and olive oil. The ingredients are whisked together in a large bowl to infuse the turkey with bold and smoky flavors. Marinating the turkey after removing it from the netting ensures even coating, making it tender and rich in taste after refrigerating for 6 hours or overnight.
The Cranberry Mojito Relish uses fresh cranberries, mint, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, honey and lime juice, adding a zesty contrast to the blackened turkey. Toss these in a food processor to blend these ingredients into a minty, spicy and zesty relish.
Next, preheat your grill to high heat and the oven to 375°F (190°C) for even cooking. Grill the turkey for 5 minutes on each side to create a smoky char and a delicious sear. Finish cooking in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the turkey reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
After baking, let the turkey rest under foil for 10 minutes, allowing the juices to redistribute. Slice the rested turkey and serve it with the delicious relish creating a delightful blend of flavors that will leave your taste buds delighted.
This Blackened Turkey Breast with Cranberry Mojito Relish is not only delicious but healthy. Turkey is high in protein and low in fat. So, what are you waiting for? Try this recipe today!
- For the blackened marinade: In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Remove the turkey breast from the netting and immerse in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- For the cranberry mojito relish: In a food processor, add all ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Preheat grill on high.
- Grill the turkey for 5 minutes per side. Place on a sheet pan and cook in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°. Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice turkey and serve with relish.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen