Cauliflower Waffle with Chicken and Jalapeño Sauce
Start your morning with a Cauliflower Waffle with Chicken and Jalapeño Sauce. Crispy, savory and delicious!
This cauliflower waffle is made using a food processor, which transforms the cauliflower into rice-like grains. Cauliflower is rich in fiber, antioxidants and omega-rich fats, making this a healthier alternative to traditional waffles.
The waffle batter is mixed with flavorful ingredients, such as scallions, egg, cumin, onion powder, paprika, oats and a touch of shredded mozzarella cheese. This unique combination creates a batter that, when cooked in a waffle maker, yields waffles with a delightful texture and a subtle, nutty flavor.
When you start to cook this recipe, the aroma of wholesome ingredients fills the air, promising a satisfying meal. The anticipation builds as you wait for each waffle to be perfectly cooked, easily lifting from the waffle maker with a golden-brown exterior.
The jalapeño sauce is made with cilantro, jalapeños, red onion, garlic, lime zest, lime juice and parsley. The result is a smooth and flavorful sauce that adds a kick to your dish.
Each bite offers a delightful crunch from the waffle, followed by the savory goodness of tender chicken, all complemented by the tangy and spicy notes of the jalapeño sauce.
Cauliflower Waffles with Chicken and Jalapeño Sauce are a delicious way to enjoy chicken and waffles that’s high in protein to keep you energized and ready to seize the day!
- In a medium pot, combine chicken and 1 cup cilantro. Fill pot with enough water to just cover chicken. Boil for 15 minutes or until chicken is tender. Shred chicken and reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, jalapenos, red onion, garlic, lime zest, lime juice and parsley to make jalapeño sauce. Blend until smooth. Reserve in small bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower until it resembles rice. In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower "rice" with scallions, egg, cumin, onion powder, paprika, oats and cheese. Mix until combined.
- Turn waffle maker on high. Spray with cooking spray. Working in 1/2 cup batches, scoop batter into waffle maker and cook for 10 minutes, or until waffle is cooked through. It should pull up easily from waffle maker.
- Top 1 waffle with 1/4 cup cooked chicken and drizzle 1/4 cup sauce on top of chicken. Repeat with remaining waffles. Season to taste with salt.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.