Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower
Introducing our delicious chicken tikka masala with cauliflower recipe! Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure with this flavorful dish that combines succulent chicken, tender cauliflower and a delightful homemade tikka masala simmer sauce.
To begin, gather the ingredients needed for this recipe. You'll need fresh chicken breasts (approximately 1.5 pounds), a jar of homemade tikka masala sauce, instant brown rice (about 1.5 cups) and a head of cauliflower. With these components at hand, you're well on your way to a fantastic dinner.
Before you move on to the cooking process, take a moment to prepare the rice. Follow the instructions on the package to cook the instant brown rice. Keep in mind that two cups of uncooked rice will yield approximately four cups of cooked rice, providing a delicious base for the flavorful chicken and cauliflower.
Now, prepare the cauliflower, a delightful addition to this dish. Dice the head of cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the cauliflower for about four minutes. As it cooks, you'll notice the enticing aroma filling your kitchen and the cauliflower becoming tender and lightly browned.
Next, it's time to prepare the chicken. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, ready to join the cauliflower in the skillet. Add the chicken to the pan and continue sautéing for an additional eight minutes. The chicken will absorb the flavors released by the cauliflower, creating a blend of taste and texture.
Pour the homemade tikka masala sauce over the chicken and cauliflower. Allow the mixture to simmer, uncovered, for ten minutes. During this time, the sauce will infuse the dish with its rich and savory notes, enveloping every ingredient in a delicious embrace.
Once the flavors have melded to perfection, it's time to assemble your masterpiece. Serve the chicken and cauliflower tikka masala over the prepared bed of brown rice. The nutty undertones of the rice provide a delightful contrast to the robust flavors of the dish, creating a well-rounded and satisfying meal.
1. Prepare rice according to package instructions. (Two cups uncooked rice will yield 4 cups cooked.)
2. Dice cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and sauté cauliflower in pan for about four minutes.
3. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Once cauliflower is lightly cooked through, add chicken to the pan and sauté for an additional eight minutes.
4. Pour the jar of sauce over the chicken and cauliflower and allow to simmer for 10 minutes uncovered.
5. Serve over prepared rice.