10 chicken fingers
Honey Crunch Chicken Fingers
Get ready to try our Honey Crunch Chicken Fingers recipe. These tasty chicken fingers combine the crispiness of honey-flavored oats with succulent chicken tenders, creating a dish that's both sweet and savory.
Each bite starts with a satisfying crunch, followed by the juicy tenderness of the chicken. The sweetness of honey and the savory paired with the seasoned chicken fingers create a flavorful balance of textures and tastes that makes these chicken fingers an instant favorite.
The chicken fingers are coated with honey-flavored oats, adding a delightful crunch.
More honey is added to the crunchy cereal to add more sweetness that contributes to our twist on the classic chicken finger recipe, making it stand out on any table.
Chicken Fingers wouldn’t be complete without sauce. We have a homemade creamy mustard sauce and sweet apricot ketchup sauce that are perfect for dipping crispy and sweet chicken fingers. Dip the chicken fingers into the two sauces to get the most flavor out of this recipe.
Serve these Honey Crunch Chicken Fingers for lunch or dinner and enjoy this mouth-watering dish with friends and family.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels; season with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Using a large plastic bag and a rolling pin, or a food processor, crush cereal until fine but still has some crunchy texture. Pour onto a large sheet tray and set aside.
- Beat eggs, and then add honey and remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour into a shallow bowl or pie plate and set aside.
- To assemble, dip chicken tenders into egg mixture, then into crushed cereal. Place on a sheet tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and has reached 165°. Flip halfway through cooking time.
- Serve with creamy honey mustard and apricot ketchup for dipping.
Creamy Honey Mustard
- Combine Dijon mustard, mayonnaise and honey.
- Serve with chicken.
- Place dried apricots into a medium pot with 2 cups water. Bring water to a boil, cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 15-20 minutes or until very soft. Drain.
- In a large pot, combine apricots, tomatoes, onion and garlic. Bring to boil, then simmer for 30-40 minutes or until mixture has become very soft and mushy.
- Puree in a food processor, and then press through a fine sieve. Discard pulp.
- Place puree in a large pot with remaining ingredients. Simmer 30-40 minutes or until mixture has thickened to the consistency of ketchup.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature alongside Honey Crunch Chicken Fingers.
Recipes courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen