Mediterranean Turkey Burger
Our Mediterranean Turkey Burger is a tasty and healthy alternative to the normal beef burger. It's a tasty twist on the classic burger that is also good for you. This recipe makes a healthy and filling meal with lean turkey and Mediterranean-style vegetables.
The main idea behind our Mediterranean Turkey Burger is to offer an alternative to beef burgers that is healthier for you. Picture a tasty combination: a seasoned and juicy turkey patty with a creamy halloumi cheese on top and a fresh spring mix salad on the side. This burger is meant to be both tasty and good for you, so you can enjoy a delicious meal and make steps towards a healthier lifestyle.
With just a bit of salt and pepper, the turkey burgers are a good source of lean protein that will keep you full and help your muscles. Your kitchen will smell great as they cook, letting you know that a tasty and healthy meal is on the way.
It's not just the turkey that's good, though. Come the halloumi, which has been sliced and grilled just right. Add some salty and soft Greek cheese to your food. It also has good nutrients for you like calcium and protein.
Do something fun with the spring mix salad while the turkey burgers are cooking. The salad is not just a side dish; it's a delicious addition that makes the whole meal healthier. It's made with healthy ingredients like red onion and a dressing with Mediterranean flavors.
Try this Mediterranean Turkey Burger recipe today and be impressed by how juicy and flavorful turkey burgers are. Don’t forget to add your favorite toppings and condiments like you normally would.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and melt.
- Add the buns to the pan and toast. Remove once golden and reserve.
- Add turkey burgers to the pan, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook covered for 4-5 minutes. Flip the burgers over and cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Sear the slices of halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, toss the spring mix, red onion slices and dressing together.
- To assemble: Spread 1 tablespoon of tzatziki over the bottom of each bun. Top with turkey burger, sliced tomatoes, dressed spring mix, halloumi cheese and top of the bun.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen