Are you in the mood for a dish that's both colorful and delicious? Try this Chicken Primavera recipe! This classic Italian dish is packed with fresh vegetables and chicken, making it a perfect meal for any occasion.
To start, bring a pot of water to a boil and add the penne. While the pasta is cooking, cut up the broccoli into small florets and add them to the pot. Cook for another 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
In a large sauté pan, heat up some olive oil and add in the diced onion, sliced yellow squash and zucchini and diced yellow and red pepper. Sauté for a few minutes until they become tender and fragrant.
Next, add minced garlic and chicken strips to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. The chicken should be nicely browned on the outside, but still moist on the inside.
Add more olive oil, then add in the spinach and diced tomato. Stir everything together until the spinach is wilted and everything is well mixed. Turn off the heat and add the penne and broccoli to the pan. Toss everything together until the pasta is evenly coated with the vegetable and chicken mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the dish with some grated parmesan cheese on top. The cheese adds a nice touch of saltiness and helps bring out the flavors of the vegetables and chicken. Chicken Primavera is perfect for a family dinner or a dinner party with friends.
With its beautiful colors and fresh, wholesome ingredients, Chicken Primavera is both a feast for the eyes and a delight for the taste buds. The pasta, chicken and vegetables are all perfectly cooked and seasoned to perfection, creating a harmony of flavors that's hard to resist.
Now it's time to gather the ingredients and cook up this delicious meal! Whether it's for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner, Chicken Primavera is sure to impress your guests and your taste buds.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add pasta and stir gently. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sauté onion, squash, zucchini and peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and chicken to sauté pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to sauté pan. Stir in spinach and tomatoes. Stir until spinach is wilted.
- Turn off heat. Add penne and broccoli, toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan cheese as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.