8 hours, 5 minutes
Slow Cooker Pineapple Maple-Brown Sugar Ham
Enjoy the sweet and savory flavors of Slow Cooker Pineapple Maple-Brown Sugar Ham! This tender ham dinner can be made for any occasion and this recipe only takes 5 minutes to prep! We’ll teach you how to make it.
Tip: Place a slow cooker liner inside before you start; this will make the cleanup process quick and easy.
Add a generous amount of Dijon mustard over the ham and rub until evenly coated, while gently separating the slices. Place your ham in the slow cooker. Then, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and fresh sprigs of thyme and rosemary in a medium-sized bowl. Stir and pour your glaze over the ham.
Set your slow cooker to high and let your ham cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low. Use a spoon or a basting brush and re-apply glaze over the top of the ham every 45 minutes.
Once your ham has marinated in the citrusy, salty and herbal flavors of your brine and is cooked to perfection, remove the spiral-sliced ham from the slow cooker.
Remove the juicy roast and place it on top of a serving platter. Transfer the remaining glaze from the slow cooker to a saucepan and cook on medium heat until the sauce reduces and thickens.
Brush the tasty marinade over the ham and in between the slices. Garnish the top with rosemary, and bon appétit! Dinner is served!
- Place ham in slow cooker, and rub with mustard while gently separating the slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients and two sprigs of rosemary in a medium bowl. Pour over ham.
- Set slow cooker to high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8. Brush glaze over ham every 45 minutes.
- Once heated through, transfer ham to a serving platter. Further separate slices for easier serving.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, reduce remaining glaze until thickened.
- Brush reduced glaze over ham, and garnish with remaining rosemary.
Tip: If the ham is too tall to fit your slow cooker lid over, you can always substitute the lid for aluminum foil.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen