Citrus Summer Shrimp Salad
This citrus summer shrimp salad is the perfect dish to serve at your next outdoor gathering. The combination of fresh mango, grilled shrimp and citrusy vinaigrette is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied.
To make this salad, start by marinating the jumbo raw shrimp in teriyaki marinade for about 15 minutes to let the flavor penetrate. While the shrimp is marinating, prepare the vinaigrette by blending together the diced mango, orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Slowly add the olive oil to the blender while it is still running, until the vinaigrette is smooth.
Next, grill the shrimp until they are opaque and lightly charred. Toss together the spring mix, cashews, and green onions in a large bowl. Pour the citrus mango vinaigrette over the salad mixture, and toss until the ingredients are evenly coated.
Finally, layer the salad mixture onto a large platter, and top with the grilled shrimp, sliced mango and red onion rings. The presentation is as beautiful as it is delicious, making it a showstopper at any summer gathering.
The sweetness of the mango combined with the tangy and savory flavors of the vinaigrette, paired with the tender and juicy shrimp, makes this salad a well-rounded, refreshing summer dish. Serve it with a glass of chilled white wine or a refreshing iced tea to complete the experience.
If you're looking for a light and flavorful meal that is perfect for summer, this citrus summer shrimp salad is a must-try recipe. It's quick and easy to make, and the combination of fresh, vibrant ingredients is sure to impress your guests. Enjoy!
- Use a peeler to peel the outer skin from the flesh of the mango. Slice around the mango pit to release the flesh. Slice 1/2 of the mango into thin slices, reserve. Large dice the other half and reserve it for the vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl, marinate the shrimp in the Teriyaki Marinade. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, add the diced mango, orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- While the blender is still running, remove the center cap of the blender top and slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream until blended, reserve.
- Working quickly, grill the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side or until shrimp appear opaque and lightly charred. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spring mix, cashews and green onions.
- Pour the citrus mango vinaigrette into the salad mixture. Toss until incorporated.
- On a large platter, layer the salad mixture, red onion, sliced mango and shrimp. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.