Fruit and Avocado Salad
Introducing the vibrant and refreshing Fruit and Avocado Salad that’s crafted with natural ingredients. This salad strikes the perfect balance between sweet, tangy and savory flavors, making it a healthy and flavorful choice for a nutritional meal.
All the ingredients in this salad recipe come together to create a healthy and nutritious meal.
Succulent navel oranges and zesty grapefruit give the salad a refreshing taste, each wedge bursting with natural juices.
Chopped pecans adds crunchiness, paired with the creaminess of the avocado and the juiciness of the citrus fruits.
The melding of the different flavors is immaculate. In addition, the blueberries introduce a subtle sweetness to the salad, while the blue cheese crumbles contribute a creaminess that ties the entire salad together.
The final preparation of the recipe is the dressing, which is made by combining pure olive oil, salt, black pepper and minced red onions. Be prepared to drizzle this tasty dressing over your salad.
This Fruit & Avocado Salad recipe isn’t only delicious, but rich in vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. Enjoy this salad for lunch or dinner and feel refreshed and energized.
- Supreme your citrus fruits by cutting off the top and bottom and cutting away the peel and pith, leaving no white on the outside of the fruit. Slice each segment into wedges by cutting toward the center of the fruit along the membrane. Reserve the rinds.
- Squeeze excess juice from the rinds into a small bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper and onions. Whisk until dressing holds together.
- Place lettuce on a plate, top with citrus slices and avocado.
- Sprinkle with blueberries, blue cheese and pecans.
- Drizzle dressing over top and serve. Leftover dressing may be stored in refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.