Portabella Mushroom Burger
Looking for a healthy and vegetarian alternative to beef burgers? Try our Portabella Mushroom Burger recipe and have your expectations for meatless dishes blown away.
These Mushroom Burgers are simply flavorful and delicious. Imagine a seasoned mushroom patty, topped with a rich and flavorful sour cream and feta cheese spread and to finish off, cooked arugula.
Portabella Mushrooms are a great alternative to beef patties because they’re rich and deep in flavor, as well as are low in calories and fat.
Every ingredient in the recipe is health-focused, as the mushroom burger is rich in fiber, antioxidants and minerals. The sour cream and feta cheese spread is rich in calcium and Vitamin D, as well as packed with healthy fats and protein.
The secret to this dish is the savory marinade made of soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder, which is added to the mushroom burger, contributing to a deep umami flavor to the mushroom burger.
The rich and creamy spread is made of sour cream, hot sauce, oregano, feta, salt and pepper. When you bite into the mushroom burger.
Portabella Mushroom Burgers are a healthy and tasty alternative to beef burgers. Just add your favorite toppings and condiments for a fulfilling and complete meal.
Grill up these Portabella Mushroom Burgers at your next barbecue and impress your guests with how delicious and tasty meatless burgers are.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Whisk until combined. Pour into a sealable bag. Add the mushrooms, refrigerate 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, hot sauce, oregano, feta, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir until combined.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Remove mushrooms from the marinade. Reserve the marinade. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper, to taste. Sear each side for 4 minutes or until tender. Reserve.
- Heat a medium skillet over low-medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add the kale and ¼ cup reserved marinade. Sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reserve.
- To assemble burger: Spread the sour cream mixture onto the top and bottom of the burger bun. Top the bottom bun with kale, followed by two mushrooms. Top with the other bun and serve.
TIP: For a bunless burger, use the mushrooms as buns and place the topping in the center.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen
Calories 370 Total Fat 16g Sodium 970mg Total Carbohydrate 43g Fiber 5g Sugars 12g Protein 18g
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.