Chile Relleno Street Corn
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place corn, peppers and jalapeños on grill and rotate occasionally until lightly charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove seeds, stems and skins from peppers and jalapeños, chop. Reserve.
- Pour enough oil in a large pot to reach a 1-inch depth. Bring to 375° over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together egg, milk, salt, chili powder, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in chopped peppers and cheese.
- Skewer each cob with a 4-inch or longer wooden skewer, about halfway through and dip in batter.
- Place in frying oil and cook until golden brown, rotating to cook all sides evenly. Garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen