Peach Ricotta Pizzette
Grilled flatbread topped with ricotta and peaches.
- For the syrup: In a small saucepan, heat the water, lime zest, honey and basil leaves over low heat. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat. Reserve.
- For the pizzette: In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, toss the peaches in the brown sugar.
- Heat a grill pan over low-medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Sear the peaches, about 5-8 minutes per side, until tender. Remove from heat, reserve.
- Remove the basil leaves from the syrup. Toss the peaches in the syrup.
- Reheat the grill pan over medium-high heat. Toast one side of each flatbread. Remove from heat.
- Pizzette assembly: Lay the flatbread on a flat surface, spread the ricotta onto the toasted side. Remove the peaches from the syrup, layer on top of the ricotta.
- Reheat the grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the pizzettes on the grill pan, heat until crispy, 1-2 minutes.
- Bring the syrup to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish the pizzette with basil and drizzle with the remaining syrup.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen