Savory "Carrot Cake" Bruschetta
A savory twist on an Easter classic.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer. Reserve.
- In a medium sauté pan on medium heat, melt butter then add garlic. Sauté until golden brown and add carrots. Season with salt, pepper, ginger, cinnamon and crushed red pepper. Sauté until almost completely cooked.
- Stir rum into carrot mixture and allow alcohol to burn off. Add honey and toss until carrots are well coated and honey begins to caramelize. Remove from heat and reserve, keeping carrots warm.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil, and grill for 2 minutes on each side, or until grill marks appear on bread.
- To assemble, spread cream cheese mixture onto bread slices. Top with carrot mixture then sprinkle with parsley and almonds. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen