The Spicy Lover’s Appetizer
A deliciously spicy appetizer for two or more to share.
- For the salsa: Combine the salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Toss until evenly coated and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For the crostini: Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Slice the baguette diagonally into 1-inch thick slices.
- Combine melted butter, garlic and crushed red pepper. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before brushing on one side of the cut baguette.
- Place buttered bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, toss arugula and olive oil together until fully coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a small amount of arugula on each baguette slice. Top with salsa and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen