Avocado Cheesecakes with Spicy Tomato Chutney
Delicious and festive-looking.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Coat a 24-count mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the onions, corn chips, cheese and butter in a medium bowl. Press 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mixture in the bottom and sides of the muffin pan. Press down. Bake for 3 minutes. Cool completely. Lower oven temperature to 300°.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the egg, beating until well combined. Add the cilantro, lime juice, sour cream and avocado. Mix until smooth.
- Place approximately 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture into each muffin cup. Bake at 300° for 12-15 minutes (or until the centers are just set). Let cool completely and remove from pan.
- While the cheesecakes are cooling, make the tomato chutney. In a saucepan, combine the garlic, salt, vinegar, sugar, oil, cumin and jalapeño with the diced tomatoes and the reserved liquid. Simmer until reduced and thickened (20-30 minutes). Cool until room temperature.
- Invert cheesecakes so that the crust is on top and place a small amount of chutney on each appetizer. (Save the remaining chutney to serve with leftover chicken or turkey, if desired.)
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
1/4 cup Chef's Cupboard French Fried Onions, crushed*
3/4 cup Clancy's Corn Chips, crushed
1/4 cup Happy Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, melted
8 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese, softened
1 Goldhen Large Egg
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
1 avocado, cored, peeled and mashed
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1/4 cup Tuscan Garden White Vinegar
2 tablespons Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
1 tablespoon Carlini Pure Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
28 ounces Happy Harvest Whole Tomatoes, drained, liquid reserved and diced
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.