Blue Corn, Great Northern Bean & Salsa Mini Pies
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, blue corn chips and parmesan; mix thoroughly. Sprinkle onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Spray a 12-cup standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Line each cup with plastic wrap.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the black beans. Drain liquid and puree the beans. Stir in the onion, ½ teaspoon salt and the corn chip crumble. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cups. Press the mixture into the bottom to form a crust.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the great northern beans. Drain liquid and puree the beans. Stir in ½ cup mozzarella cheese and ¼ teaspoon salt. Spread evenly on top of each crust.
- Layer a dollop of sour cream on each crust. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and then a spoonful of salsa. Chill overnight.
- Gently lift each pie out of the pie mold with the plastic wrap and plate each pie.
Tip: To make a whole 9-inch pie or a miniature version, prepare pie pan as the standard muffin tin is prepped in Step 3. Follow the same layering method.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
2 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, melted
1 cup crushed Clancy's Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
¼ cup Priano Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Carlini Cooking Spray
15.5 ounces Dakota's Pride Black Beans
½ red onion, chopped
¾ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
15.5 ounces Dakota's Pride Great Northern Beans
1 ½ cups Happy Farms Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1 cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
16 ounces Little Salad Bar Mild or Medium All Natural Salsa, drained
15 minutes (plus overnight to chill)
35 minutes (plus overnight to chill)
12 mini pies