Whole Wheat Pita Pizzas
A light layer of spinach beneath the cheese adds nutrients without taking away from the experience. For extra flavor, try adding sliced olives or vegetables, such as sliced tomatoes. Save the remaining sauce for later by transferring the contents into a plastic bag and placing it in the freezer.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray nonstick spray on sheet pans and lay pitas without overlapping.
3. Place one tablespoon of sauce on each pita and spread evenly
3. Arrange about one loose cup of spinach evenly on each pita.
4. Slice mozzarella ball thinly and arrange over spinach.
4. Place topped pitas in the oven and bake for 10-11 minutes.
Optional: Broil for an additional 1-2 minutes to brown cheese.