Oven Fried Zucchini with Jalapeño Dipping Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn starch, ½ teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper. In another small bowl, slightly whisk the egg and 1 tablespoon water.
- Place the cereal in a large zip bag, crush into fine crumbs. Pour contents into a small bowl. Add remaining teaspoon of salt, pepper and oregano; mix well.
- Bread the zucchini rounds by dipping them in the corn starch, then egg, then cereal mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet. Spray the tops with cooking spray and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Season with salt to taste, serve alongside the crispy zucchini.
TIP: Seeds contribute to the heat of a pepper. Remove seeds to decrease the heat of the jalapeño.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
¼ cup Baker's Corner Corn Starch*
1 ½ teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
1 ½ teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, divided
1 Goldhen Large Egg
1 tablespoon water
1 ½ cups Millville Corn Squares Cereal
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Oregano
2 zucchini, cut into ¼-inch rounds
Jalapeño Dipping Sauce:
1 jalapeño, finely chopped, seeds optional
½ cup Friendly Farms Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, to taste
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.